How to Office Setup with Product key
Microsoft Office is a suite of several productivity applications that is intended for office use. Microsoft Office 2019 is the latest iteration of the software suite and has numerous features that enhance your productivity and simplifying complex tasks. The new edition of office is available for both Windows and Mac. You can simply visit www.office.com/setup to download the latest office setup with product key.
Microsoft Office 2019 has many new features and capabilities including PowerPoint Morph, new chart types in Excel, focus mode in Word and improved inking across apps. Some of the important features as listed by Microsoft are:
- Scalable Vector Graphics: Make your presentations, documents, and sheets look more attractive and meaningful with scalable vector graphics included in Office 2019.
- Built-in Translation Feature: Inbuilt Microsoft Translator to quickly translate words, phrases, and texts into different languages.
- LaTeX equation support: You can create mathematical equations with the help of LaTeX equation support. This feature is however, available only in Word 2019.
- Morph: Animation capabilities built in Powerpoint 2019 to make object movements, transitions, and slides look more seamless.
- Easy Task Linking: Go through the list of tasks in a project just by selecting a cell in the predecessor or successor columns.
Let us now dive into the process of downloading, installing and using the Microsoft Office on your computer from www.office.com/setup: System Requirements for installing and setup Microsoft Office 2019
Some System Requirements for www.office.com setup and installation
- Computer and processor: Windows computers need to have a 1.6GHz or above processor. For MacOS, it has to be a 2-core intel processor.
- Memory Windows: 64-bit windows operating systems must have 4 GB RAM, 32-bit windows operating systems must have2 GB RAM, and MacOS must have 4 GB RAM.
- Hard disk space: Windows systems must have 4 GB empty hard disk space whereas Mac OS must have 10 GB hard disk space.
- Display resolution: Windows systems must have 1280 x 768 screen resolution or above and
macOS should have 1280 x 800 or above screen resolution.
- Graphics: No graphic card required for Mac OS. DirectX 9 or above version required for windows.
- Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008 R2
How to Download a copy of Microsoft Office Product Key
- Open your web browser and navigate to www.office.com/setup. Additionally, you can grab your copy of Microsoft Office from some other trusted websites like download.com. You will be able to download office setup with product key from the URL www.office.com/setup.
- Sign-in with your Microsoft account or you can create a new account if you do not have an account. This sign-in using Microsoft account is necessary to proceed with the installation and setup of Microsoft Office.
- After logging in successfully, you need to navigate to the product list and select Microsoft Office.
- You would need to determine the type of Office version that you intend to install. You can either go for a 64-bit version installation or a 32-bit version. It should be noted that a 64-bit Operating system would support both the versions, but a 32-bit system will only support 32-bit applications. This is an important step as the Microsoft Office setup files are huge in size and if you download a wrong one, you will have to download the correct file again completely.
- Now, just click on the Microsoft Office setup and then select your preferred language of the installation. It should be noted that additional language packs can be installed afterward.
- Enter your Microsoft Office product key and proceed with the download.
- The file would be downloaded to your system. You may either select to “RUN” the downloaded file or “SAVE” it to your computer for installing later.
Note: The Microsoft Office 2019 can also be purchased via a distribution media such as CD/DVD or a USB drive. In this case the download part can be completely skipped. However, you might need to install all the latest updates for Microsoft Office 2019 using the Windows Update in your system.
How To Installing Microsoft Office 2019
- Click on the Microsoft Office 2019 executable file that was downloaded in the previous step to proceed with the installation of Microsoft Office 2019.
- The office will be installed in a 64-bit version by default (in case you are not using a very old computer). However, if Microsoft Office detects that a 32-bit version was installed previously, then this (32-bit) version will be installed. Also, if you had a 32-bit version installed previously, and you prefer to go for a 64-bit version this time, you will need to completely uninstall the previous version. But you need to check first whether your processor and Operating System support 64-bit software or not.
- Additionally, you can also install language packs for the Microsoft Office 2019 by downloading them from the official website. They are available for free but download according to the Office version (32-bit or 64-bit) that you intend to install.
- Make sure to read the installation instructions carefully and accept the license agreement and terms and conditions of the software.
- The installation process will start and will take a couple of minutes depending on the processor speed and RAM on your system.
- After the installation is finished, make sure to register the product and create necessary accounts.
- In case you face any errors you can navigate to office.com/setup and check commonly encountered errors.
How to Activate Microsoft Office 2019
- The activation process is smooth and trimmed for the Microsoft Office 2019.
- Just open any Office application from the office suite such as Word or Excel and you can proceed with the registration.
- When you open an application that is not activated, you will need to sign-in first to proceed with the activation. You will need a Microsoft account or a work or school account that you used while purchasing or subscribing the Microsoft Office. Also, you can also proceed with a phone-based activation in case you do not have a working internet connection and obtain your activation key from Microsoft over the call.
- Click on the “Activate Now” button and then click on “I want to activate over the internet” option to proceed with the activation over the internet.
- Now, enter the Microsoft Office product key and proceed with the activation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and it will just take a couple of minutes for the activation. The product will be activated, and you will be able to enjoy all the features of the Microsoft Office. In some cases, the installation might require a reboot of the system.
- If the product is not activated successfully, the trial version of the Microsoft Office will be installed by default. Also, you may select the option to install the Office 2019 but with limited features. In this case, the office is installed but several features like editing the documents will be disabled.
- As a good practice, you should keep the Microsoft Office product key safe if you need to install Office again in future in case of scenarios like virus attacks.
Microsoft Office setup is now complete, and the productivity suite is now ready to use. It should be noted that you will need to reactivate the product again if you have purchased one-year license for the Microsoft Office. The office setup with product key is the basic type of installation that most of the consumers opt for. There are different types of installations available for the Microsoft Office depending on the type of customers like IT professionals. You can go for a volume license version in case you plan to install in large number of systems and the installation process for that is completely different.
The steps for Microsoft Office setup discussed in this guide are primarily meant for Windows users. However, the Microsoft Office 2019 is also available for Mac and the installation process is similar for it. Office for Mac only supports Mac OS 10.14, 10.13, and 10.12 and other versions are not supported. Make sure you update your Mac OS to the latest version if you plan to install and use Microsoft Office 2019. In case you do not update your software, the apps will not work intendedly, and you will no longer receive any updates to the software including the security updates. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you update the operating system.